Thursday, May 8, 2014

We Moved!

Ok ok ok.  I realize I haven't blogged on here in a VERY long time, but there's good reason.  For one, we had a baby in July last year.


Little Gunner Mapes DeWitt was born on July 11, 2013.  And he's now 10 (?!) months old.  He is highly loved and adored by his big brother and sister and his mommy and daddy.  How blessed we are.

After having a baby, Devin got a new job as the General Manager of Planet Fitness in Muncie, IN. We're so proud of him and the example of a hard-working man that he is for my boys and the example of a loving and selfless husband that he is for Rylea.  During his grand opening of the facility, Devin worked 90 hours from one Thursday to the next.  90 hours in 7 days.  That's more than 2 full time jobs crammed into one week.  He's amazing.  I just love him.  Now, Planet Fitness, give me my husband back.  Thanks.

Anyway, in light of Devin's new job, we moved!  We went house shopping, saw a million houses with 3 kids in tow (not recommended), and finally found one we both loved.


It already looks a bunch different on the outside than it does in that picture, but I'll be blogging all the changes on here so we can always look back at our very first house and see how far we've come.  Here's some specs.  It's a 1,900 sq foot house built in 1984 (and all the really dark wood trim inside screams 1984) that sits on .5 acres.  She has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a loft off the master bedroom.  We're on a cul-de-sac in a housing development and the neighbors are all very awesome.  We've been here since the first week in March and changes are happening on the inside.  Slowly but surely.  Devin gave me free reign on paint colors and designing and decorating things (as long as they're in the budget) so I'm having a lot of fun with that.  I've been upcycling things in the yard from previous owners and painting and spray painting and hanging things and taking things down all while taking care of the kids in the midst so things are a mess at times, and there are days when I get no house stuff done, but I just love it all and I'm so thankful for God's provision of a house right now!

The plan is to show you the inside of my house room by room before and after as I get it all going.  Thanks for joining in and multiplying our joy in this season of our lives!


1 comment:

  1. Woohoo!!! I'm so excited to see all the hard work you've been doing!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...