Sunday, August 3, 2014

Sunday Scripture Printable 8

This Sunday Scripture is a doozy!  You may already know that Mr. SPC and I have decided to keep our kids home this year (namely Rylea who is in Kindergarten), and I get to be their teacher!



Dieter will be doing "preschool" but I use that term loosely since he's still only 3 and can really only focus for about 20 good minutes at a time, and then he's done.  I'm doing a letter of the week program with him and we're doing "A" right now. I'm amazed at how well he's been able to write, recognize A's all over the house and other places while we're out and how well he can name things that start with the A sound too.  I have no doubt he's a little sponge and ready for this.

Rylea will be building on last year's letter of the week program she did in a Christian preschool and she's now starting to read.  I'm doing sight words with her and also a book called Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons.  We'll be doing lots of little math/counting/number lessons too and on Fridays, the kids get to pick whatever they want to learn about.  (Today is was foxes).

I'll post more about our homeschool schedule and daily activities as we progress!

One main reason why we prayerfully decided that keeping our kids home was best is because we really want a Christ-Centered educational focus for our kids, and they're obviously not going to get that in public school. I once did a Bible Study in which the teacher said that our goal, as parents, should be to form our children to become more like Jesus.  My husband and I have been convicted in that we believe our children will more than likely become less like Jesus the more they are separated from Him in public school.  That being said, I will also be going through this book with the kiddos this year, My ABC Bible Verses: Hiding God's Word in Little Hearts.  It's already been an awesome blessing to us and I can see the fruit of the memorization in my kids throughout the day.  I wanted to be able to hang these verses up as we learn them so I created a printable (26 of them actually) to go with the verses in this book. Feel free to print, laminate and hang them in your school room too!! There are 26 verses from A-Z and they are slated to print two to a page on regular printer paper.

I hope these bless you as much as they've blessed my family!!

Sugarplum Cuties: ABC Bible Verse Printable


1 comment:

I love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...