Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Christmas Recap

I've been meaning to write this post for 2 years.  Better late than never!

Every year for the Christmas Eve festivities in our Indiana family, I make each tiny kiddo a pair of Christmas pajamas and some other kind of handmade goodie.  Last year (2013) I did jammies and a new pillowcase for all the kids.


It's literally impossible to take a good picture of 5 children ages 6 and younger.  Poor Gunner doesn't know what to do!


Then, complete chaos ensues and the bed jumping begins!  At least here you can see a full pajama shot.  For the boys and girls I used the Peek-a-Boo Patterns Alex and Anna Winter PJs and just altered the placement of the fabrics.  The baby's jammies were an Alex and Anna top with Terra's Treasures Monkey Leggings for his big cloth diapered bum.


For the pillowcases, I used t-shirt panels and knit fabrics and just make them to standard pillowcase size.  No pattern necessary.  :)  My kids still use their pillowcases every night!

This year, there were a few changes on of them being a new kiddo to sew for, making the total 6 pairs of jammies!



Pictured here is 5/6 kids.  (The littlest one was napping during the pictures).  The boys are Alex and Anna Winter PJs again this year and for the girls I used the Alex and Anna top and paired it with LilyGiggle Petunia Petal Pants.  Stripes/solids for boys and dots/snowflakes for girls this year.  Super cute.


The other handmade gift they got were capes and masks!  I used the EYMM My Little Superhero Set for the capes and masks.  (Sometimes, it's far easier to buy a pattern than it is to draft one of your own).  The girls got pink ones and the boys got superhero ones (even the babies).  They all have the first letter of their first name appliqued on the back!  My sweet sweet SIL bought all the fabric for the capes on Black Friday, and she helped me cut some of the kids' jammies out too!  She's the best in the west.


This was the only picture I could find of the back of their capes.  I took this one with my phone while I was making it.  They came out super cute.

I think that about sums up the Homemade Christmas Recap of 2013 and 2014.  I'll try and be more prompt in 2015.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...