Monday, March 23, 2015

Pattern Review: Brassie Joggers



If you know me then you know I'm a fake pants enthusiast. You know, yoga pants, leggings, lounge pants; pretty much anything but jeans.  Like a lot of other work/stay-at-home-mommies I live in lounge pants. I like to be comfy when I'm home cleaning, cooking, chasing kiddos, and doing other mom things.  So, in the spirit of super comfy and cute pants, I bring you the GreenStyle Creations Brassie Joggers.

This pattern has been out for a while and I've always admired it from afar, but with spring coming, I bought the pattern and whipped these bad boys up.  I needed some capris (you can make these in shorts, capri, and ankle length), and this is one of my favorite fabrics of all time.  The fabric I chose is a poly/rayon/lycra jersey (say that 5 times fast) with an amazing drape and a beautiful hand.  It's so soft and washes up perfectly.  I throw everything I make into the washer and dryer so I need my fabrics to be high quality.  I never hang dry or do any of that nonsense.  Ain't nobody got time fo dat.


You can find the fabric I used here, at Cali Fabrics.  While you're browsing, I'd also recommend these other fabrics for the Brassie Joggers too.  That black on green will totally match my running shoes and I'm digging all the modern florals that are really on trend right now.

L to R: Black on Green, Tonal Black Stripe,Colorful Feathers, Pink & Aqua Floral

I did the joggers in an XS based on my measurements and I did not have to adjust even one thing.  I just went with it as drafted and they fit perfectly.  The waistband is elastic and a drawstring so they are really comfortable and secure on the waist.  


My favorite part about these are the pockets!  The construction was super simple and I even got to whip out my coverstitch machine to give these an awesome detail.  You can, of course, make these without a coverstitch if you don't have one, I just like to kick things up a notch sometimes. :)


It's always nice to be rockin' a cute new pair of capris even when you're just at home cleaning in your mismatch socks.



Here are all the details:


Pattern

Brassie Joggers

Pattern Designer

GreenStyle Creations

Sizes Included

XXS - 3XL

Skill Level

Beginner

# of Pattern Pages

20

Attributes

YES

NO

A4 Printing

"

Fabric Requirements

"

 

Finished Measurements

 

"

Finishing Options

"

 

Labeled Pattern Pieces

"

 

Length Options

"

 

Line Drawings

"

 

Materials List

"

 

Nested Pattern Pieces

"

 

No Trim Pages

"

 

Pictures of Finished Garments

 

"

Print by Size (Layers)

 

"

Printing Guide

"

 

Rise Options

"

 

Size Chart

"

 

Suggested Fabrics

"

 

Table of Contents

"

 

Tips and Tricks

"

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Love your review! I have been eyeing these for a while now!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...