Monday, March 2, 2015

Pattern Review: The Katie Dress and Peplum



Source
Ah, Kate Middleton.  She's gorgeous, she's a real life Princess, and she has impeccable style.  She's far more polished and chic than this stay at home mommy could ever be, but now I can pretend!

Angelyn at GreenStyle Creations has done it again.  She's come out with a totally innovative and figure flattering pattern that'll make you feel like you've stepped your wardrobe up a notch.  I was invited to test The Katie Dress and Peplum pattern and I'm so excited I was included in the process!


I made three of these in testing and I can't wait to make more spring versions to round out my wardrobe!  This one was a Michael Miller cotton/lycra (4 way stretch).  I did size XS and the 3/4 sleeves.  (For reference I'm 5'8'' and 115 pounds).


The side ruching in this pattern is so great.  It easily flatters your shape (no matter what shape that may be), and a peplum looks amazing on anyone.  I love this pattern in a stripe, and how the stripes are gathered at an angle.



Throw your (unwashed) hair up in a top knot, add some skinny jeans and wedges for a cute spring look for day or night!


Because I couldn't just make the top and that's it, I also made the Katie Dress.  Here's I did View A (A line skirt).  I made this one out of a gray jersey sheet from Target.  I chose to leave mine with a long hem for a cute church dress, but you could also shorten it up for a more spring look.


The solid color really shows of the ruching well, and I even decided to put it on the other side this time.  (Depending on how you cut your pieces, you can put the gathering on the left or the right side).


The neck is done using knit interfacing which helps it lay perfectly flat and gives it a really professional finish.  It's especially easy if your dad sent you a Coverstitch machine for Christmas ;)


For my third shirt, I chose the peplum with the short sleeve option.  I did this one in a lightweight lace/floral print and I adore it with my white capris.  Now, I just need spring to actually show up so I can wear it!

As always, I really enjoyed working with Angelyn on this test.  She really really listens to the testers and makes adjustments based on our feedback.  She adds things to the pattern to make it easier for the sewist and her final products are such a high quality.  She even has amazing customer service and is easily accessible if you need anything at all.  Join her group on Facebook to stay up to date on everything GreenStyle.

You can get the pattern on the Greenstyle website or Etsy for only $7 for the rest of the day (it'll go up to $9 after today so act quickly!)

And, here's a handy dandy chart with all the details:
Pattern
The Katie Dress & Peplum
Pattern Designer
GreenStyle Creations
Sizes Included
XXS – 3XL
Skill Level
Beginner
Number of Pattern Pages
28
Attributes
YES
NO
A4 Printing
"
Fabric Requirements
"
Finished Measurements
"
Finishing Options
"
Labeled Pattern Pieces
"
Line Drawings
"
Materials List
"
Nested Pattern Pieces
"
No Trim Pages
"
Options for Custom Fit
"
Print by Size (layers)
"
Printing Guide
"
Size Chart
"
Sleeve Length Options
"
Suggested Fabrics
"
Table of Contents
"
Tips and Tricks
"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...